Saturday, July 19, 2008

I am so it!!!

I've been tagged by Sarah and Kristopher. My kids are frustrated that I haven't updated it so long, so here we go. I'm going to do the '8 Things' tag first and try to get to the older tag ASAP.

8 Things I am Passionate About

  • My Husband
  • My Family
  • Reading
  • Sewing
  • My Scouting jobs (this is definitely a love/hate passion)
  • Things being orderly (this is an unrequited passion)
  • Nature
  • Trying to do my best at each task I am given

8 Song I Could Listen to Over and Over Again

  • "Waiting in the Weeds" by the Eagles
  • "Drowning" by The Backstreet Boys
  • "Something About You" by Level 42
  • "Every Valley" from the Messiah (especially when Dad is singing!)
  • "Incomplete" by The Backstreet Boys
  • "Girl Can't Help It" by Journey
  • "Chiquitita" by ABBA
  • "Love At First Sight" by STYX

The Past 8 Books I've Read

  • Eclipse, New Moon, & Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • The Lord of the Rings trilogy (I'm still pretty shocked that I got through all of this but I loved it.
  • The DaVinci Code and Angels and Demons by Dan Brown
  • The Harry Potter series

8 Things I say often

  • Please don't touch my face.
  • Go do a load of dishes.
  • What time do I need to pick you up?
  • I thought you put it in your paper drawer.
  • What have you done to help me today?
  • Who put this here?
  • I love you
  • Isn't there something you should be doing?

8 Things That Attract Me to a Friend

  • They help me to be a better person
  • They love me even though they know of my many faults
  • They know just what to say to lift my spirits
  • We share common interests
  • They are patient with my scatterbrained logic
  • They keep confidences
  • They make me laugh
  • They are simply fun to be around

8 Random Things About Me

  • I have been married longer than my mother-in-law
  • I was raised in the house that my Great Grandfather lived in
  • I lived in the house that my husband grew up in
  • I hate when people touch my toes (thanks Dad)
  • I really enjoy my job, I love finishing a plan
  • I have read the Twilight series more times that I care to admit
  • I have become a night owl/insomniac
  • I love summer rain in the mountains

8 Things I Want to do Before I Die

  • See as much of the world as I possibly can
  • Serve a mission with Brian
  • Hold my grandchildren and great grandchildren
  • Get my scrapbooks done
  • Get my house completely organized
  • Have a beautiful, low maintence yard
  • Go on a long motorcyle ride
  • Go waterskiing again

8 Things I Have Learned This Past Year

  • Things can change very quickly and life can be turned upside down very fast
  • Heavenly Father is watching out for me in my darkest moments
  • Driving with a teenager is a excersize in patience and an act of faith
  • I need to be a better time manager
  • Being patient is HARD!!
  • My children are going to grow and leave my house, unbelievable
  • Most people are just trying to do their best to get through their days
  • High school graduation ceremony is long and boring

8 comments:

cerrah said...

Yay! It's been like Karns education day for me. I'm so glad to read another of the "eight things tag." It's so fun learning about everyone.

p.s. I'm glad you enjoy work, and I really think things will pick up again soon and maybe even be crazy again (oh my), so please stick with us because you do a great job and I LOVE having your help. (:

Stacy said...

That was cool Melisa. I feel like I just got to know you a whole lot better! Thanks for sharing! You are awesome!

Kate Karns said...

Love you Mom and thank you.

Pherf said...

FINALLY that took you forever. By the way you still need to do the other one. Or was this like a blanket cover.

Frank and Marie said...

Thanks for sharing. I'm sorry the realization that your children will move out and on came through your door so soon. Take heart that even though it is a painful part of parenthood, they will always be your little ones in larger bodies. AND they bring back a bonus - Grandchildren. ENJOY every moment!

Christina said...

I loved your post Melisa. You are great! I am excited to come visit this week, I will call you about the details. I want a final count on how many times you have read the Twilight series. I just obtained a copy of Twilight (thanks laura) and plan on reading it a third time (if you count listening to it as a book on tape). The other 2 books I have read three times. I am so excited for August 1st at midnight-I will be a crazy waiting in line. I just started reading Host. I have had a hard time getting into it but now I am hooked. That is the end of my longwinded comments, this is why when I talk on the phone I talk for hours!
Love Ya!! See ya soon!

Breanne said...

You are very insightfull. I'm glad to have you as a friend.

Unknown said...

Love you Lisa & I really liked your tag.