Thursday, May 22, 2008

Awards Dinner

Brian and I attended the high school fine arts award dinner last night. A pasta dinner in the gym at the school, it just doesn't get better than that. Each of the teachers gave their service awards for their specific groups before we divided into smaller groups. We were so excited as the Drama teacher, Mrs. Broberg, started describing the person who would receive the award this year. She said that this person had gone above and beyond the normal work expected, had helped clean and organize the box and hanging rooms and worked to keep her sane throughout this year. It was my Kaitlyn! I am so proud of the woman that she is becoming, I can't believe that we will be sitting graduation in a week. I am pretty sure I was rocking her to sleep in the basement of Grandma Rose's house just a few minutes ago. Kaitlyn and Krystal both received a key chain for being stage managers this year. Krystal is just beginning her high school drama saga. I see many more trips to the high school in my future. True to form Kristopher also had his final choir concert last night, Becki and Brandon were kind enough to tape it for us so we will be able to enjoy the Beatles songs that were sung. The little ones are looking forward to field day and all day reading marathons, and then no more school for a few months. YEA!! I am trying to follow my wise Mother's advice and enjoy every stage of my children's lives, even though I feel like I as losing my mind most days. I am so thankful for my wonderful family.

3 comments:

Christina said...

Way to go Kaitlyn. Sounds like you had a lot of fun in High School and accomplished even more. Congrats!!!

cerrah said...

Good work Kaitlyn. I still can't believe you think you're going to graduate... but I guess we'll let it slide. Good luck and congratulations.

And Melisa, you are in desperate need of another driver. How's that coming?

cerrah said...

Melisa, I tagged you, go check out my blog to see what to do